Every journey, regardless of its length, begins with the first step. The first step for us is to learn about the journey!
There are several questions to consider.
- Psalm 143:10 - "Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."
- Get on the team with God and his plan for the ages
- Learn about other cultures and peoples
- Relate to people of other cultures
- Keep a lifetime posture of learning
- Read his word
- Learn to see the world through God's eyes
- Matt. 28:19-20 -- become a world Christian; it's a mandate!
- Discover God's heart for the ages, for the peoples of the world
- Learn God's heart and purposes for the world
- Read a missionary biography
- Pray for people you see in world news reports
- Take a course like "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement"
- Go to the library and check out books about other countries or people groups that interest you
- Explore countries (political nations) using Operation World.
- Learn about Unreached People Groups at JoshuaProject.net
- Dig deep into the data at PeopleGroups.org
Questions to consider in your small group, family, or with friends:
- What does it mean to be made with God “imprinted on our DNA?” How does learning fit into that?
- Are you prepared to “finish well”?
- How have you learned to see the world through God’s eyes?
- Why do you think that so much of Jesus’ ministry consisted of teaching?
- Based on the stories of people who learned from Jesus, why do you think it is important to try to
- learn and understand things?
- How will intentional learning about God impact the world?
- What tools can you use in order to learn about missions and the other five ways mentioned?
- Where can you go for resources?
- How is God calling you to commit to learning?
Learn more at www.U4theU.com .