Sometimes (often), we have to go to the nations. But other times (a lot), God brings them to us. The great thing about the Great Commission, it's "both-and" instead of "either-or." In other words, the verse actually reads, "As you are going, ..." -- which means, around the block . . . and around the world. Check it out in this video:
Often times, they come with nothing. Two suitcases. Some money. Food stamps. For them, just finding a local person, willing to advocate for them, is an amazing discovery. Then what do you do? How do you help?
- Ask your local church if there is an outreach to internationals, nearby.
- Become a friendship partner with an organization like ISI. Be "Jesus in the flesh.'"
- Introduce yourself to internationals in your neighborhood or while shopping.
- Connect with a ministry in your city or county.
- Talk to Team Expansion. They might have someone else nearby who could help you.